Our Biomimetic Prosthetics Are Tailored to Enhance the Natural Abilities of Human Legs
Biomimicry - Mimicking Nature
The best prosthesis replicates the dynamic and adaptive qualities of natural limb movement. This approach has resulted in the design of the world’s first hydraulic ankle-foot by the Blatchford team.
Our engineers have developed one-of-a-kind, measurable, performance-response biomimicry technology. This technology is tailored to enhance the natural abilities of the legs and empower users to engage and enjoy life beyond movement.
We want users of our products to feel confident, secure, and integrated with their tech, able to live their life as they imagine.
Blatchford hydraulic ankles respond to the design specifications that natural movement dictates, fine-tuning joint position to align the body for optimum posture and comfort.
By continuously adjusting to absorb and release energy, our hydraulic ankles allow for an efficient roll-over, remaining perfectly aligned with the user for the next step to help reduce the risk of falls.
The best prosthesis replicates the dynamic and adaptive qualities of natural limb movement. This approach has resulted in the design of the world’s first hydraulic ankle-foot and award-winning technology by the Blatchford team.
Replicating Nature to Support a Healthy Future
Lower limb amputees can face health issues long after amputation. Considering and managing these issues are crucial to the sustained health of every patient.
Lower limb amputees have an increased risk of osteoarthritis and are more likely to have back pain. Long-term musculoskeletal health depends on the close replication of natural limb movement.
Our technology, or "biomimetic engineering" or "biomimicry, or mimicking the natural foot, allows for this replication to help alleviate some of these types of possible symptoms.
Blatchford's Catalogue of Products
For over 130 years Blatchford has designed and produced some of the world's most advanced artificial limbs and mobility solutions. Explore all our devices online!
ElanIC is the world’s lightest and most compact waterproof microprocessor hydraulic ankle.
It features a discreet, compact and lightweight design that is clinically proven to give greater comfort, improved safety, a smoother gait and balanced limb loading.
• Microprocessor controlled plantar flexion and dorsiflexion
• Standing support mode increases resistance when stationary to help improve balance, stability, reduce effort and encourage a more natural posture
• Variable response to speed changes
• Increased plantar flexion resistance allow for more energy storage and return when walking quickly or up slopes
• Ankle dorsiflexion during the swing phase increases toe clearance and reduces the risk of trips and falls
• Increased dorsiflexion resistance provides a brake when walking down slopes for improved safety and stability
• Integrated rechargeable battery