Where Can You Get Emotional Support During Your Journey?
Your Prosthetist and clinic will be able to offer connections to trained peer mentors who have successfully recovered and rehabilitated following amputation and want to share their knowledge.
We as a company, also offer the experience and advice from our Blatchford Ambassadors of Mobility (BAM!). They have been Ambassadors of Blatchford for months or years and want to share their personal experiences with others on the same journey.
If you are struggling to feel better emotionally or are feeling overwhelmed or alone before/during/after your amputation, professional help can make a big difference. You can get names of mental health professionals from your GP or via the NHS website.
Industry Resources & Partners
Blatchford is committed to creating a prosthetic community that is built on information sharing. The following resources and links are for both amputees and the healthcare professionals that serve them:
A network of patient advocacy groups is available throughout North America to provide amputees with prosthesis guidance, educational, financial and emotional support.
Non-Profit Amputee Organisations
• Situational Awareness – an Inertial Measurement Unit senses
movement and speed to respond accordingly, in real time
• Enhanced Stability Performance – 5 levels of stance
resistance optimises safety at all times
- Controlled Stance Support
- Standing Support
- Dynamic Slope and Stair Descent
- Stumble Recovery
- Supported Sitting
• Natural Efficient Motion - MPC pneumatics ensure energy
efficient and smooth swing at multiple speeds
- Optimal Stance Release
- Adaptive Speed Control
- Terminal Swing Damping
• Cycling Mode and Fixed Angle Flexion Lock Mode
• Knee Flexion to 130°
• Intuitive Programming Software via PC or App
• Lithium Ion batteries with up to 3 days life, dependent
• Battery Life Indicator and Low Power Mode