The Orion3 prosthetic knee brings together everything users love about this intelligent microprocessor knee with even more advanced technology for a superior walking experience.
Orion3 is designed to prioritise the safety and stability for activity level 3 walkers, offering a very natural experience across different terrains and speeds. The Orion3 upgrade introduces improvements that promise to give the user even more control of their health and mobility.
Enhanced Stability Performance
Enhanced Stability Performance (ESP) increases the user’s confidence and independence, reducing the risk of stumbles or falls and ensuring more balanced limb loading for greater long term health and protection.
ESP adapts hydraulic resistance in real time, providing optimal stance support whether walking in a crowded environment, on uneven terrain, slopes, steps and now also when standing. With situational awareness, Orion3 continuously monitors the user’s activity and responds accordingly for greater safety.
Controlled Stance Support
Supportive resistance throughout stance phase provides optimal stability for walking with greater safety and less effort on all-terrain.
Maximum resistance stabilises knee, on both flat and slopes, encouraging better posture and balanced loading to relieve pressure on sound limb and lower back.
Stance resistance engages during swing phase extension to ensure knee stability should the user stumble.
Dynamic Slope & Stair Descent
The Orion now recognizes stair decent! A new algorithm has enabled the stairs pneumatic value to be selected even earlier, helping the limb to extend fully from the first step and making stairs descent easier and more predictable.
*Studies have shown the reduced physiological cost of walking, with reduction in energy expenditure by up to 20% – please refer to our clinical compendium for further details.
Orion3 is an advanced microprocessor controlled hydraulic knee with the following features:
- Charges overnight
- Easy-to check battery level
- Flexion lock and cycling modes
- 3 years standard warranty, 6-year extended warranty
- 20-month servicing intervals
SAFETY FEATURES: The knee constantly monitors and adapts to help keep the patient safe in a wide variety of situations. It offers variable cadence and progressively increases resistance as it flexes to help downstairs or as a patient sits. It switches to stumble recovery mode the moment the knee stops flexing.
STANDING SUPPORT: Standing support stabilises the knee on the flat or slopes for better posture and balanced loading
UNIQUE PNEUMATIC SWING: Reduces effort and gives a smooth extension and a more symmetrical gait across a variety of speeds, with hydraulic stance for support
BATTERY LIFE: Fits in with the patient's life - with a long battery life of 3 days and magnetic charging connector.
Orion3 Programming App
With its simple to follow automated smart programming, simply connect via Bluetooth and program in just a few walking steps.
Prosthetists will also have access to advanced fine tuning and are able to save and restore settings.
This app is for clinicians who have completed a Blatchford approved training course and requires an authorisation code:
- Download the app from the App Store, search for “Orion3”.
If using an iPad please choose “iPhone Only” when searching.
- On first use, send the 8 digit “Authorisation Request Code” to your Blatchford representative.
- Enter the 12 digit code provided by your Blatchford representative into the app.
- Start programming Orion3!
For support questions please contact Blatchford Technical Support at [email protected]
* Compatible with all models of iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch running iOS v9 or later.
• Situational Awareness – an Inertial Measurement Unit senses movement and speed to respond accordingly, in real time
• Enhanced Stability Performance – 5 levels of stance resistance optimises safety at all times
- Controlled Stance Support
- Standing Support
- Dynamic Slope and Stair Descent
- Stumble Recovery
- Supported Sitting
• Natural Efficient Motion - MPC pneumatics ensure energy efficient and smooth swing at multiple speeds
- Optimal Stance Release
- Adaptive Speed Control
- Terminal Swing Damping
• Cycling Mode and Fixed Angle Flexion Lock Mode
• Knee Flexion to 130°
• Intuitive Programming Software via PC or App
• Lithium Ion batteries with up to 3 days life, dependent on usage
• Battery Life Indicator and Low Power Mode
Payment and Ordering
Blatchford’s "Patient Access" program (powered by Repaytient) makes paying for healthcare easier for clinicians and patients by providing interest-free financing for the patient’s deductible while paying healthcare providers 100% up front.
Repaytient offers flexible terms for all patients and has no patient denials. Ask your Blatchford rep about Repaytient!
Contact a Local Blatchford Rep
We have a team of Territory Managers working across the country, ready to answer your questions and visit your office on-site.
Contact us to schedule a free demo of our products today!
Our Family of Lower Limb Prosthetics
Please explore some of our award winning products below.
Need help or support?
For information and placing orders, contact customer service between the hours of 89am - 5pm Mon - Fri.