Sian: Elan IC
As a mum, Sian can get on with her busy lifestyle, and Elan IC gives her the confidence to do that.
Sian shares her experience of the ElanIC foot and how it compares to some of her previous feet. She refers to the waterproof feature of ElanIC and how it gives her peace of mind when she’s splashing in puddles with her daughter. As a mum, she can just get on with her busy lifestyle and ElanIC gives her the confidence she needs to do that.
Sian's New Socket
Following a horrific road traffic accident whilst on holiday in New York City, Sian Green lost her leg below the knee. At the time of the accident a well-known TV personality, Dr. Oz, happened to be filming for one of his shows so he and the crew were on-hand to provide medical attention and subsequently document Sian’s path to recovery. Sian was later a guest on Dr. Oz’s show once she was fit enough to leave the hospital.
Once back in the UK, Sian started a charity to help other amputees, got married and had a daughter. She asked a Blatchford prosthetist in the U.K. to craft her a socket for her prosthetic limb and asked them to use one of her Louis Vuitton hand bags as the design for her new socket. Sian's limb is her fashion statement when she is out and about.
ElanIC is the world’s lightest and most compact waterproof microprocessor hydraulic ankle. It features a discreet, compact and lightweight design that is clinically proven to give greater comfort, improved safety, a smoother gait and balanced limb loading.
- Induction charging
- Compact & Lightweight Design
- Integrated Bluetooth®
- Clinician programming app (Android)
- Sandal Toe Foot Shell
- Microprocessor controlled self-aligning plantarflexion and dorsiflexion
- Standing support mode increases resistance when stationary to help improve balance, stability, reduce effort and encourage a more natural posture
- Variable response to speed changes
- Increased plantarflexion resistance allows for more energy storage and return when walking quickly or up slopes
- Ankle remains dorsiflexed during swing phase to increase toe clearance and reduce risk of trips and falls
- Increased dorsiflexion resistance provides a brake when walking down slopes for improved safety and stability