Blatchford's Elan Foot Was the First of Its Kind
Blatchford engineers took the microprocessor-control technology more commonly seen in prosthetic knees, and applied it to the Echelon, an articulating prosthetic foot-ankle device with hydraulic damping. The Elan foot has all of the benefits of the Echelon, plus the ability to control how much resistance is applied and at what time.
Smoother, Safer and More Natural Walking
By introducing Microprocessor Active Resistance Control to our hydraulic ankle technology, natural muscle resistance can be mimicked by adapting hydraulic resistance levels when standing and walking on slopes and uneven terrain.
This encourages more symmetrical limb loading, faster walking speed and reduced compensatory movements. The result is smoother, safer, and more natural walking, helping to preserve the body for the long term.
Elan and ElanIC's Microprocessor-Controls
The addition of the microprocessor control is especially beneficial during slope ambulation where it reduces energy expenditure of the user and improves stability and safety, particularly during descent.
The control also enhances stability in the Elan and ElanIC while standing, where resistances can be increased, thus decreasing the amount of energy required by the user to balance.
The ElanIC's inductive charging feature increases the ease with which the ElanIC can be charged and introduces a waterproof feature to the device.
Over a decade after challenging conventional wisdom, new scientific evidence continues to be published on the medical advantages of hydraulic ankles.
Blatchford Biomimetic Hydraulic Technology mimics the dynamic and adaptive qualities of muscle actuation to encourage more natural gait.
Multiple independent scientific studies, comparing Blatchford hydraulic ankle-feet to non-hydraulic feet, have shown:
- Greater comfort, reduced socket pressures
- Improved safety, reduced risk of trips and falls
- Smoother, easier and more natural gait
- More evenly balanced inter-limb loading
- Greater satisfaction
A microprocessor controlled hydraulic knee with intelligent speed control.
• Situational Awareness – senses movement and speed to respond accordingly, in real time.
• Enhanced Stability Performance – 5 levels of stance resistance
- Controlled Stance Support
- Standing Support
- Dynamic Slope and Stair Descent
- Stumble Recovery
- Supported Sitting
• Natural Efficient Motion - MPC pneumatics ensure smooth swing at multiple speeds
- Optimal Stance Release
- Adaptive Speed Control
- Terminal Swing Damping
• Cycling Mode and Fixed Angle Flexion Lock Mode
• Knee Flexion to 130°
• Intuitive Programming Software via PC or App
• Lithium Ion batteries with up to 3 days life
• Battery Life Indicator and Low Power Mode