Where Do You Start?
Whether you have just started working with a certified prosthetist or an O&P clinic (orthotics and prosthetics clinic) or desire to use more advanced artificial limb (prosthetic) technology, we are here to educate, guide and support you as you choose and use your device.
1. You have choices! Talk to your prosthetist about Blatchford’s available lower limb solutions to find the right device for you. You can ask your prosthetist about different brand options. There are a variety of Blatchford prosthetic solutions for amputees and people with limb difference.
2. Remember to reach out to the amputee community for advice and guidance. Facebook groups can be a great resource, as well as Blatchford’s Ambassadors of Mobility, (Blatchford volunteers whose mission is to help others who have also experienced lower limb loss or limb difference). The Amputee Coalition is another great resource with members that have years of experience to share.
3. Ask your prosthetist about local amputee support groups and therapists that specialise in limb loss counseling and therapy. Set aside time each week to make sure you attend.
What Do You Want to Accomplish with Your Prosthetic Limb?
From being able to stand easily, to participating in the Paralympics, we are here to help amputees meet their life goals. Blatchford understands that one person's mountain is another person's staircase!
Blatchford’s award-winning lower limb prosthetics are ready to be part of your journey as you go through the next stages of your life.
What Types of Lower Limb Prosthetics Exist?
From above knee prosthetics to below knee prosthetics, Blatchford products are developed with the long-term health of patients in mind first and foremost.
Read more about our:
Orthotists and prosthetists that work with our products are confident that Blatchford products are the best fitting lower limb prosthetics on the market.
Whether you are a new amputee or have lived with amputation for awhile, prosthetic technology can be overwhelming. We explain some of the technology behind today’s prosthetics and how Blatchford uses the natural working of the human body to influence the design of our products.
We understand that good mobility and wellness go hand-in-hand. Through our products and services, we strive to get the best outcome for every user.
Our holistic approach to product design centres around the whole person and not just their mobility limitation. This ensures we develop solutions that not only help people to get the most out of every day, but to do so in a way that cares for their long-term health and wellbeing. We are committed to delivering value, quality and an outstanding experience to every customer.
Introducing Elite Blade
Flexible and lightweight blade for high energy return.
• e-carbon foot with independent springs
• Lightweight with dynamic forward progression
• Spring range from low to high impact
• Variable spring stiffness heel wedge
• Male or female sliding & rotating housings
Foot Shell and Glide Sock included.
The Blatchford Community
For over 130 years Blatchford has designed and produced some of the world's most advanced artificial limbs and mobility solutions.
An Affordable Solution for All Patients Needing Lower Limb Prosthetics
The cost for a prosthetic leg can range anywhere from $5,000 to $50,000. Getting an insurance company to approve the cost can be challenging.
All patients should get the lower limb prosthesis they need when they need it. Blatchford's "Patient Access" program (powered by Repaytient) offers a service that makes sure this is possible.
Ask Your Prosthetist about Blatchford's "Patient Access" Repaytient program and get help paying for your lower limb prosthetic device.