Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or smart device when you access a website. It allows that website to recognise your visit and to store information on your preferences or past actions to improve your experience of using the website. Typically, cookies don’t store personally identifiable information, such as name or email address.
Different types of cookie
There are different types of cookie that can be stored on your computer or smart device by a website. For our website, these are:
Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies and they help us to manage your consent choices, for example. They can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.
Embedded Content Cookies
Our website uses third party services to embed useful content within some of the pages of our website, for example Google Maps or YouTube videos. When this content is displayed, it effectively acts as a window to the third-party service and that service may set its own cookies to provide the functionality required. These are necessary cookies and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.
Analytical cookies help us to improve our website by collecting and reporting information on its usage. They don’t store personal information about individual visitors but allow us to monitor trends and understand how visitors use our website so that we can continue to improve the experience.
We use marketing cookies to help us improve the relevancy of advertising campaigns you may receive from us through other channels, for example social media. However, we don’t use third party advertising services to advertize to visitors as they view our web pages.
Social Sharing Cookies
- For storing user website preferences, including language choices, regional website selection and your cookie consent choices.
- For account creation and logging in
- For Ecommerce related functionality
- For Google Analytics to track site traffic, social media links and website usage.
- For collecting anonymised audience information connected to creating relevant social media campaigns on platforms including Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram and for re-marketing.
- For supporting the creation of relevant Google Search Ads through the Google Ads platform.
- For enabling social media sharing buttons, including LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
- For embedded Google Maps to remember location, account login, settings and preferences.
- For embedded YouTube videos to measure the usage of our videos on YouTube.
- For tracking shortened links to monitor the success of clicks via services such as Bit.ly.
You can see more detailed cookie information and manage your cookie preferences for our websites via the cookie settings located at the bottom of our website pages.