With a partnership spanning over 40 years we are proud to work with the NHS to deliver specialist care
Blatchford is the UK’s most comprehensive supplier of rehabilitation services to the NHS. Providing over 40 rehabilitation services, including prosthetics, orthotics, seating and wheelchairs, to a range of healthcare organisations which include NHS provider trusts and directly commissioned services.
Our approach delivers specialist, evidence-based care to individuals in all our UK clinics. The
service care model includes the provision of high-quality individualised rehabilitation, a reassuring back up service and continuous education programmes on technical and rehabilitation topics.
Our goal is to enable each patient attending one of the 200,000 appointments we provide annually to achieve greater confidence and success in their choice of everyday activities.
NHS Clinical services
We provide a range of clinical services to various NHS trusts including:
NHS Funding for Microprocessor Knees
In 2016 NHS England issued a policy approving the routine commissioning of Microprocessor Knees (MPK) for above-the-knee amputees who met a set of criteria laid out within the policy. The policy aims to ensure that:
- Qualifying patients are selected in a fair and standardised approach and follow a consistent care pathway.
- Patients nationally are treated in a unified approach, to improve the level of services available to patients with limb loss in England.
- Patients get the most appropriate product for their circumstances; aimed at improving walking and balance, and thus reducing trips, falls and accidents caused by a lack of stability from other prosthetic limbs.
- Quality of life is enhanced by improving patient choice of prosthetic based upon the individual needs of the patient.
A microprocessor controlled hydraulic knee with intelligent speed control.
• Situational Awareness – senses movement and speed to respond accordingly, in real time.
• Enhanced Stability Performance – 5 levels of stance resistance
- Controlled Stance Support
- Standing Support
- Dynamic Slope and Stair Descent
- Stumble Recovery
- Supported Sitting
• Natural Efficient Motion - MPC pneumatics ensure smooth swing at multiple speeds
- Optimal Stance Release
- Adaptive Speed Control
- Terminal Swing Damping
• Cycling Mode and Fixed Angle Flexion Lock Mode
• Knee Flexion to 130°
• Intuitive Programming Software via PC or App
• Lithium Ion batteries with up to 3 days life
• Battery Life Indicator and Low Power Mode
Contact us today
If you have a general question about services provided to NHS patients please get in touch using the form below. If you are an NHS patient please contact your clinic directly using our NHS clinic finder.